Recover your money… Fast!

Call Free Now ✆ 0800 068 5151

County court action

When might we need to issue county court proceedings?

If our pre-legal procedures do not secure payment from your debtor, our in-house Legal Department is on hand to start action in the county court to recover the debt.

NOTE: We can issue court claims within 48 hours! 

What do you need to do next?

Find your HMCTS (Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunal Service) claim form by clicking here. You do not need to fill in this form – our automated processes will do this for you. Simply print out the form and sign it where indicated. Then send it to us together with the appropriate court fee (see the County Court Fees section), making your cheque or postal order payable to HMCS.

Please note that court fees are not subject to VAT. The Jack Russell Collections Agency does not issue receipts for county court fees as they are payable to the court, not to us.

Where do you send the court form and court fee?

Please post your court form and court fee (cheques payable to H.M.C.T.S) to:

Legal Department
Jack Russell Debt Collection & Legal Process Servers 
First Floor
2 Fernilee Cottages
Whaley Bridge
SK23 7HB

What else should you enclose?

Unless you have already sent us the appropriate paperwork, it is essential that you provide us with the following;

  • If your claim relates to unpaid goods or services; either copy invoices or a statement of account.
  • If you are a landlord seeking to recover unpaid rents; a copy of the tenancy agreement and a breakdown of the rents due.

If your claim falls outside these categories, we recommend that you telephone us for further advice.

How soon will you get a result?

You will need to allow approximately 7 days from the date of receipt of your court fee for Jack Russell to lodge the claim with the appropriate county court. The CCMCC will issue the legal proceedings within a week of receiving the claim form and fee. 

Your debtor will then have 14 days from the day of receipt of the sealed court claim to respond. In a high proportion of cases this will secure payment of the full amount plus our client’s court costs.

Some crucial advice about bad debts

Please make sure that you know what type of trading entity your debtor is – Sole Trader, Partnership or Limited Company – and their attitude to the debt. The instructions above apply to all undisputed debts. However, if there has been a dispute or an unresolved issue, you should telephone us to discuss the matter.

We will give you appropriate advice, which may include the use of mediation services, and inform you of any administration fee payable.

Please contact us for more information about county court action.

Quick Quote 
Tel. 0800 068 5151

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Contact Number

    Debt Amount

    Details of your debt (how when etc..)

    Proud members of:

    Call Now ButtonCall Now